You probably know by now that having better dental health results in better general health! That’s because healthy teeth and gums mean no tooth decay or gum disease weakening your body’s defenses— keeping you healthier overall.
And this matters because gum disease is linked to serious health conditions including heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, and Alzheimer’s (scary, we know).
If you’ve been a part of our insider’s club for a while now, then you know that we extensively cover the topic of how to keep yourself healthy by way of good oral health. But today we want to share something seemingly small that can really make a difference in your oral health.
Introducing The Hydro Floss
Our team at Exceptional Dentistry in Palmdale, CA, has found that the Hydro Floss™ oral irrigator machine is an effective and superior way to boost your dental health.
The nice thing about this unique appliance is that it is easy to use when compared to traditional dental floss. The even better part is that you don’t have to use traditional floss when you use a Hydro Floss!
This oral irrigation device helps treat and prevent periodontal (gum) disease, tooth decay and halitosis (bad breath) — by the way, what do you call bad breath that sneaks up on you? Ninja-vitis! LOL, Ok, in all seriousness, bad breath is no joking matter.
Hydro Floss to the Rescue!
Did you know that over 47% of adults over age 30 in our country are afflicted with some type of gum disease? So it’s no shock that using preventative measures like a Hydro Floss can have a transformative impact on your smile and health.
We can’t emphasize this enough: brushing and flossing is crucial for healthy teeth and gums.
The problem is a lot of folks skip flossing because, let’s be honest, using floss is a BIG PAIN in the butt.
But here’s the thing: if you’re not flossing around and under the gum line, bacterial plaque and food particles will hang around in there, and cause major damage (aka tooth decay and gum disease). The longer you leave that gunk in there, the more damage it does.
So think of it this way, a toothbrush helps remove the bacteria on the large surfaces of your teeth, but flossing removes the bacteria that sneaks into the cracks and crevices. You’ve got to take care of all the places bacteria try to hide.
Hydro Floss® – The Magic of Magnetics
So why do we recommend Hydro Floss to our patients? Because it’s more effective than traditional floss and other water flossers.
It uses both oral irrigation and magnetics to clean— all while using clean tap water.
When the machine is on, the water travels through the magnetic fields, creating ionized water molecules. You see, water has naturally occurring minerals in it, and those minerals can give the bacteria something to hang on to.
But with a Hydro Floss you don’t have to worry about that because, thanks to its magnets, the minerals won’t be able to change into a solid-state. Without interrupting this process, the bacteria are able to accumulate (aka plaque) and stick around easier— the longer the plaque is left untouched, it hardens and turns to tartar (and you’re going to need a dental pro in order to remove that).
The bottom line is that a Hydro Floss acts like an interrupter so bacteria can’t hang around and cause problems for your teeth and gums.
And here’s where Hydro Floss® stands out among other popular water flossers: research studies have found that it’s proven to be twice as effective as other irrigators that don’t use magnets.
Thanks to clinical studies, we now know that almost 50% of bacteria are reduced and 65% of calculus in the mouth is reduced by simply using a Hydro Floss. Now that’s math we can definitely get behind! Especially since your teeth will feel like you just had a professional dental cleaning up to 6-8 hours after using your Hydro Flosser.
And here’s the kicker: when you use Hydro Floss daily, you won’t wake up every morning with the usual plaque coating on your teeth because bacteria aren’t able to attach to teeth and gums!
Hydro Floss® Benefits Your WHOLE Family Will Love
We’ve been recommending Hydro Floss for many years. Not only do we tell our patients about it, but our team uses Hydro Floss in their homes and with their families. Hydro Floss is truly like a mini car wash for your teeth. You will feel and notice a difference.
We’ve already talked about a few of the benefits of using a Hydro Floss, but there are actually quite a bit more! Here’s some other really important benefits of using a Hydro Floss:
- This oral irrigator is easier to use than string floss, whether you’re an adult, a child, or an elderly person with arthritis. You can’t beat the Hydro Floss’s ease of use (and effectiveness).
- It beats out dental floss when it comes to lessening bleeding in the gums, gingival inflammation and clearing out harmful plaque.
- It’s clinically proven to be almost twice as good as non-magnetic irrigators at getting rid of sticky plaque and bacteria and preventing calculus buildup because it isn’t able to attach to the surfaces in your mouth.
- Our holistic patients love that they don’t need to take medications or other chemicals to get rid of oral bacteria and bad breath, just plain water in the Hydro Flosser!
- It helps heal bleeding gums and periodontal pockets (those bad boys allow the teeth to loosen and fall out, yikes!) along with gum tissue inflammation.
- If you wear braces or have a dental restoration like a dental bridge, crown or dental implant, Hydro Floss will clean them much more effectively than just brushing and flossing normally.
- It cleans under the gum line where your toothbrush and dental floss can’t clean, keeping plaque and tartar away.
- When you have dental treatments done, your Hydro Flosser will promote better healing in the soft tissues.
- Your breath will smell fresher than ever before and your teeth will be brighter as stains are kept away.
You can probably tell by now that our Exceptional Dentistry team is a huge fan of Hydro Floss for keeping your mouth cleaner and your body healthier!
We encourage you to consider taking the next step in protecting your family’s oral health by investing in your own Hydro Flosser and adding it to your dental home care routine.
You’ll be able to see and feel the difference right away! For your convenience, we offer Hydro Floss in our office and you can purchase yours at your next scheduled visit with our Dentist, Dr. James Powell in Palmdale, CA. Or you can give us a call at (661) 349-7725 to purchase one and we’ll bring it out to your car when you come to pick it up.