Dental bridges offer many benefits, including:
- Restoring your ability to eat, speak, and chew normally
- Restoring and maintaining a proper bite
- Improving the shape and volume of your face
- Preventing your remaining original teeth from moving out of their proper positions
- Closing the gap between your teeth so that you can smile with confidence
There are several types of dental bridges available:
- Traditional bridges – which involve creating a bridge for the tooth or implant on either side of the space left by the missing tooth, with the prosthetic tooth in between. This is the most common type of bridge.
- Cantilever bridges – this type of bridge is used when the natural teeth remain on only one side of the missing tooth or teeth.
- Maryland bonded bridges – also called a resin-bonded bridge or a Maryland bridge, this type of dental bridge is usually recommended for replacing teeth at the front of the mouth. The prosthetic teeth are fused to metal bands, which are then fixed to the abutment teeth with resin cement.
Traditionally, dental bridges require at least two visits to our office to complete your treatment. By using state-of-the-art CEREC® technology, our dentist can design and mill your crowns and prosthetic teeth much more quickly, which may reduce your total treatment time.
If you have any questions about dental bridges, or to schedule a consultation with our skilled dentist, please contact our office today.