Exceptional Dentistry is pleased to offer dental orthotics for patients who struggle with a bad bite, TMJ disorder, or bruxism habit. Our skilled dentist can provide you with a comfortable, custom-made orthotic to improve and preserve your smile so that you can eat, speak, and live free of discomfort. Please feel free to contact Exceptional Dentistry at (661) 349-7725 if you would like to learn more about receiving a dental orthotic in Palmdale, California.
An occlusal guard is a special type of mouth guard that is used to treat bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching. If our dentist suspects that you suffer from bruxism, we may recommend an occlusal guard to protect your teeth from damage and prevent teeth grinding while you sleep. Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. Common signs of nighttime teeth clenching and grinding include:
• Chronic jaw pain, facial pain, and ear pain
• Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
• Frequent tension headaches and migraines
• Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked, or very worn teeth
• Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
• Indentations on the side of the tongue
• Increased tooth sensitivity
If you notice the signs of bruxism, you may benefit from a custom occlusal guard. Your occlusal guard will be custom made to fit your smile comfortably and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your smile. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about occlusal guards and how we can prevent teeth grinding. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for your smile.