Tools of the real stomatologist. Helps with work and protects it from harmful effects.
Lasers are handy tools that are used in the best dental offices today. Dentists use this equipment to have more control of the treatment and to help patients feel more comfortable in the dental chair.
Many dentists are using dental lasers for:
· Tooth decay removal: The laser can easily remove the decay from a tooth and it can also prepare the tooth for the necessary filling without the need of any shots.
· Gum treatments: As a victim of gum disease, your gums recede and move away from your teeth. Lasers can reshape your gums and give you a more attractive and natural-looking smile. They are also used to help kill the bacteria in the pockets of your gums.
· Root canal therapy: During a root canal, the laser can remove bacteria from the area to keep it clean and safe.
· Biopsy: The laser can remove a small amount of tissue from your mouth so it can be examined for oral cancer.
· Lesion removal: Lesions, Mucocele, and canker sores are painful, bothersome, and inconvenient, but lasers can help by removing the lesions, mucocele, and relieving the pain from canker sores.
· Teeth Whitening: The laser can whiten teeth by activating the whitening gel, and tooth sensitivity can be controlled as each tooth is individually being treated.
There are many benefits to using lasers in dentistry. One benefit is that it reduces pain during treatments, which also reduces the need for anesthesia. Another benefit is that it reduces anxiety in patients because it takes the dental drill out of the picture. The third benefit is that it minimizes swelling and bleeding during soft tissue treatments. And the last benefit is that it can preserve more of a healthy tooth during cavity removal.
If you are interested in learning more about dental lasers at Exceptional Dentistry, please feel free to call 661.349.7725 and schedule an appointment with Dr. James D. Powell. We look forward to helping with you!